Colic is a common condition that affects many children that no one seems to have the answer for until now.
There is no one cause of colic, which makes it sometime difficult to treat. The most commons reasons Dr. Boynton has found to cause colic are spinal subluxations, dural tension, improper balance of the gut flora, of valve problems at the illeo cecal valve or at the valve of hueston. Dr. Boynton has successfully treated hundreds of colicky babies successfully by adjusting the spine, performing soft tissue work on their abdomens, stimulating different acupressure points, and sometimes recommending supplements.
Dr. Boynton can help to treat your child at Sycamore Chiropractic and Nutrition and he will show you some maneuvers you can do at home on a nightly basis to ensure a baby who is colic free.
Relevant Articles for Colic that you may find helpful:
- December 1998 issue of Country Living's Healthy Living, Page 53
- Pluhar GR, Schobert PD. J of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigation, 1991;7:75-76.
- Klougart N, Nilsson N and Jacobsen J (1989) J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1989 (Aug);12 (4): 281-288
- Andrea J. Hipperso, Science Direct
- Wiberg JMM, Nordsteen J, Nilsson N J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1999 (Oct);22 (8): 517-522